Posted on April 20, 2013 by Justin Cline
All right, this one’s going to take a little bit of explaining.
First off, thank you to everyone who participated in our contest. It was an incredible response, and you can take a look at all the entries below.
Here’s how judging went down:
- You had to follow the rules. If you didn’t include both your name and the name of your favorite Kevin Smith film, your entry got tossed. Sorry.
- Replies did not count. Only comments were accepted, so some folks lost entries that way.
- Winners came in at spot number 37, number 74, and 111.
And the final winners are… (more…)
Filed under: Contest | Tagged: contest, kevin smith, planet comicon | 6 Comments »
Posted on April 18, 2013 by Justin Cline
Planet Comicon has acquired three (3) pairs of tickets to Kevin Smith’s event at The Midland on May 17th as part of his cross-country tour for Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie!
This Saturday (4/20), we’ll be giving you a chance to win them. Here’s how:
- At an undisclosed time on Saturday, we’ll be putting up a post on this website (planetcomicon.com) announcing that the contest has started.
- At that time, you’ll need to comment on the post, providing us with both YOUR NAME as well as YOUR FAVORITE KEVIN SMITH MOVIE. That’s it. NAME and MOVIE TITLE.
- The winners will be those individuals whose posts come in at number 37, number 74, and number 111.
- Each of the three winners will receive a pair of tickets.
Here are the rules:
- Unlimited entries.
- All duplicate entries must contain all required information and originate from the same IP address.
- No duplicate prize winners.
- You must be able to pick up the tickets at Elite Comics before the show on May 17th. We’ll contact you directly to arrange a time.
For those interested in purchasing tickets directly, they are currently available now through The Midland’s box office here. Good luck to everyone, and snootchie bootchies.
Filed under: Contest | Tagged: contest, kevin smith, planet comicon, tickets | 5 Comments »
Posted on February 22, 2013 by Justin Cline
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Twitter, it’s a way of communicating with the world at large in short bursts of text, 140 characters or less. Think of it as Facebook without all the pesky game requests.
Planet Comicon can be found and followed at @planet_comicon, where you’ll get direct links to all posts on this website as well as retweets of what fans are saying. We also have a list of guests attending this year’s show that continues to grow.
What we don’t have is a header. And that’s where you come in. Kansas City plays host to some of the most creative people inside and out of the comic book industry. We’d like you to design an original header to be featured on the official Twitter page.
Here are the rules:
- Your header must be original. We’re not looking for someone else’s work, so whatever you submit, make sure it’s 100% your own.
- The file size cannot exceed 5MB, preferably in JPEG format.
- The dimensions for the space are 1252 x 626.
- Remember that the Planet Comicon logo sits directly in the middle of the field. (A real challenge would be to incorporate it into your work.)
- Go crazy.
We’ll post the winner on the Twitter page as well as on the official website and Facebook page. We’ll also make certain everyone knows how to find you should they wish to commission work of their own. Please send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, and good luck to you.
Filed under: Contest | Tagged: contest, header design, planet comicon, twitter | 2 Comments »