Last year was Planet Comicon’s first foray into portfolio review. Thanks to Marvel Comics senior editor, Nick Lowe, several of our talented attendees were able to receive a professional critique of their work from someone at the highest level of the comic book industry.
Planet Comicon 2013 will be continuing this new tradition with Marvel Comics editor and talent scout, C.B. Cebulski. C.B. will be doing portfolio reviews on both Saturday and Sunday, but we wanted to provide you with some details ahead of time.
Please read the following:
- Portfolios will need to be dropped off within the first hour of each day at the Planet Comicon booth (more details to come).
- Portfolios MUST contain your contact information. This includes your full name, cell phone number, and e-mail address. You will be contacted by phone at the show.
- Portfolio reviews will happen in the afternoon each day. If you will not or cannot be present at this time, do not leave your portfolio.
- Do not leave original work with us. Whatever your portfolio contains, make sure you keep the original work. We cannot be responsible for any lost or misplaced work.
- Please respect Mr. Cebulski’s time and opinions.
- Focus on your sequentials. While cover artwork is important, most new artists are hired to do interiors.
- Review sessions are limited to artists only.
- Not all submissions will be chosen for review.
Good luck to everyone. With more than a month before the show, we’re expecting great things.