It should go without saying that Chloe Dykstra and Meg Turney are already on the invitation list for Planet Comicon 2014, and we look forward to hosting Chris Hardwick as well.
If you appear in the video, be sure to leave a comment telling us your name, costume, and time you appear on screen.
This year’s raffle for a chance to play Space Cadets with Wil Wheaton was a rousing success, collecting over $1200 for Hero Initiative!
Many thanks to all the participants, and special shout-outs to the following individuals and groups:
Kantcon (If you haven’t already purchased your tickets for the show coming up in July, then get on it.)
Additional photos of the event (courtesy of Jon Hook) can be found here, and if you’re in search of even more gaming fun, try out an original Cthulhu-based adventure created by Jon Hook himself.
You can purchase Age of Cthulhu: The Timeless Sands of India here.
All right, this one’s going to take a little bit of explaining.
First off, thank you to everyone who participated in our contest. It was an incredible response, and you can take a look at all the entries below.
Here’s how judging went down:
- You had to follow the rules. If you didn’t include both your name and the name of your favorite Kevin Smith film, your entry got tossed. Sorry.
- Replies did not count. Only comments were accepted, so some folks lost entries that way.
- Winners came in at spot number 37, number 74, and 111.
And the final winners are… Read more »
NAME AND MOVIE TITLE ONLY!
AND NUMBER 111.
GOOD LUCK AND
DON’T STOP TYPING!
For those looking for a more direct option, you can still purchase tickets through The Midland here. Seating is limited, so don’t wait!
Planet Comicon has acquired three (3) pairs of tickets to Kevin Smith’s event at The Midland on May 17th as part of his cross-country tour for Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie!
This Saturday (4/20), we’ll be giving you a chance to win them. Here’s how:
- At an undisclosed time on Saturday, we’ll be putting up a post on this website (planetcomicon.com) announcing that the contest has started.
- At that time, you’ll need to comment on the post, providing us with both YOUR NAME as well as YOUR FAVORITE KEVIN SMITH MOVIE. That’s it. NAME and MOVIE TITLE.
- The winners will be those individuals whose posts come in at number 37, number 74, and number 111.
- Each of the three winners will receive a pair of tickets.
Here are the rules:
- Unlimited entries.
- All duplicate entries must contain all required information and originate from the same IP address.
- No duplicate prize winners.
- You must be able to pick up the tickets at Elite Comics before the show on May 17th. We’ll contact you directly to arrange a time.
For those interested in purchasing tickets directly, they are currently available now through The Midland’s box office here. Good luck to everyone, and snootchie bootchies.
On behalf of Planet Comicon, I’d like to say that we’re both shocked and saddened by this announcement. Though I didn’t personally get the opportunity to meet Mr. LeParmentier during the show, I’ve seen several photographs where he appeared to be in good spirits and game for a bit of Star Wars role play. Our condolences go out to his family, and I’m sure he will be in the thoughts of all those who met him in Kansas City.
May the Force be with him.
While many of us pride ourselves on our memories, sometimes it’s nice to have something a little more concrete. This would seem like one of those times, especially given the sheer amount of spectacle at this year’s show.
Many thanks to the individuals and groups below who were kind enough to share their personal visions from Planet Comicon 2013. Be aware that many of the following links will take you directly into Facebook.
CAPTAIN JACK’S COMICS – BJORN BROSDAHL
HAMPTON’S CUSTOM-CRAFTED LIGHTSABERS
BRANDI MILLER ART
COREY DEE WILLIAMS